Kozic describes his winning OT goal

The Aquinas Photo/ / Emma Black SOPHOMORE MIDFIELDER Michael Bergen assisted on Kevin Kozic’s game-winning overtime goal. It was Bergen’s 2nd assist of the season and Kozic’s 2nd goal of the season. With the win, the men’s soccer team improves to 3-1 on the season.

The Aquinas Photo/ / Emma Black
SOPHOMORE MIDFIELDER Michael Bergen assisted on Kevin Kozic’s game-winning overtime goal. It was Bergen’s 2nd assist of the season and Kozic’s 2nd goal of the season. With the win, the men’s soccer team improves to 3-1 on the season.

“It was 3 minutes into overtime…It started off with Rich Loeffler who had the ball at the top of the 18 [yard box], he beat two defenders and kept the ball alive for us, slipped it to Mike Bergen along the left side and I was just free down the middle. He [Mike Bergen] sent it across and I just tapped it in with my left foot, didn’t even look at the goal I knew it was in right away,” Kozic said.
“I turned and ran to the bench and had a nice little celebration afterwards. It was definitely a great feeling and we were happy to end the weekend with a win.”