89 Days Later: Exchange student returning in fall

Published: April 28, 2016

JIMENA PACHELI

There are only a couple of weeks left before the semester is over. It feels like all assignments, papers and coming exams are finally falling into place. Dealing with finals is like dealing with needles: we dread it, but if we close our eyes and remain brave, it will be over really fast.

I shall confess that there is something that I dread more than finals. That is the end of the semester itself. During these three months I have met many students, both American and from exchange programs, and they are all amazing people. Yes! I am happy to announce that I´m coming back to The University next semester, but my friends at the international office are not.

Also, I will not be staying with my current roommates. I cannot help but wonder what this will be like. I will definitely miss hanging out with the Swedish trio and my four American roommates.

I have learned to cook Swedish tacos, so in moments of need I can always comfort myself with this food. Whether we want it or not, change is constantly happening in our lives and that´s what makes everything exciting. We can either resist or embrace it, but everything will be easier if we just let ourselves flow along with the river of life and enjoy all the good it has for us. I’m sure that next semester will be full of surprises, nice happenings, and lovely people to meet, as well as a lot of new things to learn.

Moving to a less overwhelming thought guess who’s birthday is happening next week? Yes, mine! I’m really excited, but I also find myself missing the company of my family. I truly miss hanging out with them.

I hear they might send me a birthday package and that makes me really excited! I do not doubt that even if they are not here, I will have a wonderful time with my friends and boyfriend. Also, as long as sushi and cake are included, my birthday will be a lovely day. See? We just cannot avoid change, I’m jumping from the exciting 21 to the unknown and unexplored 22. Only time will tell what this has in store for me and I’m eager to discover and make the most of every day. I’m wishing you all a happy weekend, until the next one, Royals!

Contact the writer: jimena.pachecoelizondo@scranton.edu

One Response to 89 Days Later: Exchange student returning in fall

1. Cinderella Reply

July 20, 2016 at 1:44 am

I’ve been loniokg for a post like this for an age