Album Review: Drake’s ‘Views’

Published: May 5, 2016

PHOTO COURTESY OF WIKIMEDIA COMMONS / HIP-HOP artist Aubrey “Drake” Graham released his newest album “Views” Friday. The album has sold an estimated 700,000 copies in less than a week.

NICK RODWELL
Arts and Life Correspondent

From Grammy’s to platinum albums, hip-hop mastermind Aubrey “Drake” Graham seems to be on a tear right now and doesn’t have intentions of slowing down anytime soon.

Drake’s list of success seems to go on and on and another one we can go ahead and add onto the list is “Views,” which is the fourth recorded studio album we’ve received from him (seventh if you count his three outstanding mixtapes that are album worthy).

The album has already sold roughly 700,000 copies in less than a week, my guess is that the album will go platinum (1,000,000 copies sold) before the week’s end, which is something only few have done.

I thought the album was pretty good. After listening to the album almost five times, I’ve given it a 7.5 out of 10 rating.

There are 20 songs on the album, which is great. The more the better. This album has a lot more features than his last solo project (“If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”).

Personally, I am a big fan of when artists work together and put their genius minds together, which for the most part seems to leave the listeners pleased.

At first, I was a little confused with the album’s unorthodox approach of the track list and the placement of each song. It seemed a little scattered and disorganized.

But after watching a recent interview in which Drake stated he tried to capture a full season cycle in Toronto through his music by starting with a winter feel and ending with a winter feel, I started to like the album much more.

The lyrics and vibes the album gives off are the same old Drake. He reminisces on ex-girlfriends who he can’t let go of and tries to get another chance with.

Somehow he always finds a new way to keep us listeners entertained with new sounds and flows.

Drake has to credit to Noah “40” Shebib, the music producing genius who basically got Drake to where he is today.

There is no Drake without 40.

My top 10 songs of the album in no particular order includes “Redemption,” which is a slow but soulful song making it the perfect song for when you’re on your way home late at night after a long day.

Also in my top 10 is “Childs Play” which is a song that will have everyone getting down on the dance floor. “U With Me?,” “Hype,” “Still Here” and “Grammys” are great songs loaded with a lot of bass that you can listen to whenever you need to get hyped.

And the last four songs in my top 10 are songs for when you’re getting ready to go out for a night on the town with friends or in a good mood and want to get it going.

These songs are “Controlla,” “One Dance,” “With You” and last but not least “Feel No Ways.”

So there you have it, my views on “Views.”

One Response to Album Review: Drake’s ‘Views’

1. ezine list Reply

December 5, 2016 at 10:15 am

It’s really very complicated in this active life
    to listen news on Television, therefore I just
    use the web for that reason, and get the hottest information.