Throwback singer to perform at Parade

Brian Clifford

Slide 1

PHOTO COURTESY OF WIKIMEDIA COMMONS AARON CARTER will be performing in Scranton at parade day festivities.

It has been confirmed that pop star Aaron Carter will be attending the parade in Scranton on parade day. He will also be playing at the new nightclub, Levels on Linden, that night.

Aaron Carter is originally from the Tampa Bay region, and is mostly known for his hit pop songs in the early 2000s. Songs like “I Want Candy” are what echo in the minds of most students when they hear his name.

Carter started his singing career at the young age of seven. As a kid he was a member of a band called “Dead End” with his friends. After they broke up, Aaron made his hit album “Aaron Party (Come Get It)” in 2000 at the age of 13. After the album he was launched into a large amount of publicity and began making appearances on television and with other music stars.

Carter released numerous albums and made several television and film appearances. His fame began to decline during the 2000s as he became older, but was still faintly in the spotlight.

Carter eventually had to file for bankruptcy, owing IRS millions. He has recently released an extended play album in February titled “Løve.”

“I was a big Aaron Carter guy when I was about six. Anytime “I Want Candy” came on I let everyone know that was my jam,” said Sophomore Sal La Marca from Yonkers, New York.
Carter will also be playing at the new hit club downtown, Levels on Linden.

If anyone is looking for a way to spend the night of parade day, that is sure to be interesting. Watching an adult sing songs that he made when he was a child could be very entertaining.

This is the second celebrity of such stature that is performing at Levels. Bow Wow performed there last fall. But it is better than no celebrities, so go out and support him.